How to fill NEET Exam Form
The NEET 2019 application form is now available online and you can start filling it up for the May 5 examination. For many aspirants, how to fill the form is as serious a task as taking the examination itself. That’s why we’ve come up with this neat little guide to help you fill the form without any hassles. Now many students have a question..
How To Fill NEET Exam Form?
NEET Exam Eligibility
The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of 2019 while the maximum age limit is 25 years for general category candidates and 30 years for reserved category candidates.
2. The number of attempts
There is no limit on the number of attempts. Candidates can take the exam as many times as they wish to until they are within the age limit.
Eligible candidates must have cleared class 12 or appearing for it.
• For unreserved candidates, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together is 50%.
• For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together is 40%.
• For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates from the general category, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together is 45%.
• For SC/ST/OBC (PwD) candidates, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together is 40%.
4. Education Code
While filling in the academic details in the NEET 2019 application form, candidates have to select an education code.
Code 01: For candidates who will take the class 12 examination in 2019. While they can take NEET 2019 exam, their admission to MBBS or BDS programs depends on them obtaining the minimum required percentage in the class 12 exam.
Code 02: For candidates who have cleared class 12 examination and will take the NEET examination the next year. Compulsory subjects include Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and English.
Code 03: For candidates who have cleared 12 but have a gap in their education. Eg: cleared class 10 in 2014 but began class 11 in 2016.
Code 04: For candidates who have a drop year and have appeared for medical entrance examinations such as NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER.
Code 05: For candidates who are appearing in 1st year BSc with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology.
Code 06: For candidates who have graduated with a BSc degree with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology
Code 07: For NRI candidates who have cleared or appearing for class 12 exam or an equivalent one.
Procedure to fill NEET form
To fill the form, there are a few stages involved. We’ve explained each of the stages and what is required in each one:
1. Visit the official website: https://ntaneet.nic.in
2. Click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ tab.
3. Read all the details mentioned on the page before you click on ‘Proceed To Apply Online NEET (UG) – 2019’.
4. Fill out the details asked in the registration form. They are personal details and it is best you refer to your education certificates to enter and verify names.
5. No change is allowed in category, gender, nationality, state of eligibility, and disability once you submit the form. So, keep care while filling out the details.
6. Once you have entered all the details, click on ‘Preview & Next’.
7. Re-check all details and if they are correct, click on ‘Next’.
8. As instructed, create a password, select a security question, and answer it.
9. Enter the one-time password (OTP).
10. Click on Submit.
11. You are displayed a Provisional Application Number.
12. This number is sent to your registered email id and mobile number as well.
13. Click on ‘Click Here To Login’.
1. Enter your Provisional Application Number and password to log in.
2. Fill in your basic details, some will be auto-filled.
3. Select your place of birth.
4. Select the language in which you wish to take the examination.
5. Provide at least three choices of exam cities according to your preference.
6. Click on ‘Next’.
7. Fill in your class 10, 11, and 12 academic details.
8. While filling the class 12 academic details, make sure to fill in the right education code (use the information given above).
9. Fill in the subject wise marks obtained in class 12 exams.
10. Click on ‘Next’.
11. Fill in your residential address.
12. Fill the details of your parent/guardian.
13. Answer Yes/No to whether you wish to wear a customary dress for NEET 2019
14. Enter security pin.
15. Click on ‘Preview and Submit’.
16. A preview page will appear with a pop-up asking you to review the data entered.
17. Preview details.
18. Enter OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
19. Click on ‘Final Submit’ – ‘Yes Please Do’. If you wish to make any changes: ‘Final Submit’ – ‘Oops Please No’.
Photograph and Digital Signature Upload
Now that you’ve completed the major data filling part of the NEET form, it is time to upload your passport size photograph and digital signature.
1. The photograph should be in JPG/JPEG format and between 10kb – 200kb.
2. Simple photograph with white background, no date in the background.
3. For digital signature, no date necessary.
4. Click on ‘Next’.
Once you click ‘Next’ after uploading your photograph and digital signature, you are directed to the payments page.
• Choose the mode of payment you wish to proceed with.
• The payment amount is Rs 1,400/- for general and OBC candidates and Rs 750/- for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates.
• Candidates have to pay processing and GST charges as applicable.
• A confirmation page is generated indicating successful submission of your application.
• Click on the link ‘Click here to take Printout of the confirmation page.’
• Take 3 printouts of the confirmation page for future reference.
Congratulations, you have successfully registered, filled, and submitted your NEET 2019 application form. Now, concentrate on your preparations and all the best.